Monica plays Harmonica version of Titanic

• 133 posts
    January 22, 2024 12:24 AM PST

Clever use of Youtube channel name for this video.

Nicely done version of Titanic.

https://youtu.be/VyeVXawLn2U?si=uDVWhkLFkhZJrN-g

Geffers

• 233 posts
    January 23, 2024 2:39 PM PST

Very nice, great talent! 

I only saw Titanic once in the movie theaters.  I was tearing up at the beginning of the movie already.  Tear-jerker. OMG!

• 133 posts
    January 24, 2024 1:01 AM PST
    Web Diva said:

Very nice, great talent! 

I only saw Titanic once in the movie theaters.  I was tearing up at the beginning of the movie already.  Tear-jerker. OMG!

The 'love element' was imaginary for movie purposes but there again, who knows.

One of the best versions and maybe more accurate was 'A Night to Remember' starring Kenny More

Just found on YouTube a colourised version (original was B&W) if you are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46B_l5onsbY

Kenny More plays the typical British 'stiff upper lip' type of person, remains professional despite the impending catastrophe.  Historically more accurate than the Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet  version.

Geffers

• 233 posts
    January 24, 2024 3:46 PM PST

Looks good, it would be nice to watch a movie about the Titanic without the trauma of permanent love separation and DiCaprio drowning in the sea.  Of course it was a real life tragedy to never be forgotten, but it would be much easier to watch a more authentic story then all of the extra drama that complicated the real story of the loss of the Titanic.

Thanks for the link and looks great to watch, even better with it colourised too.  Nice cast!

• 133 posts
    January 27, 2024 2:11 PM PST

Very poignant archive movie film of Titanic Capt Smith's last inspection of the ship before setting sail for its maiden and fateful voyage.

https://youtu.be/Ualk85YJTLM?si=HOOvKkOwl329KGd1

Geffers

• 233 posts
    January 27, 2024 3:40 PM PST
    Geffers G said:

Very poignant archive movie film of Titanic Capt Smith's last inspection of the ship before setting sail for its maiden and fateful voyage.

https://youtu.be/Ualk85YJTLM?si=HOOvKkOwl329KGd1

Geffers

Really loved watching this short video of the captain, passengers and crew as they were preparing for their voyage on the Titanic.  Everyone was so happy, the crew was stoked and the captain, though, was very serious.  Great to look back in time, when moments were captured about these people as they embarked on the Titanic, expecting a great trip, but ended in such tragedy.  The sea is a place to be respected. 

Great black and white video.  Maybe I'll watch the Titanic after all, but the older one that you mentioned.  I'd like to see more history.

• 133 posts
    January 30, 2024 7:06 AM PST

Further to our discussions about Titanic and the video of Capt Smith making his last checks here is a photo from within the Titanic.

The Radio Room.

Radio room aboard the Titanic

• 133 posts
    January 30, 2024 7:07 AM PST

Here is another real image from within the Titanic.

Guessing from appearance the ladies at tea must be First Class.

• 233 posts
    January 30, 2024 1:11 PM PST
    Geffers G said:

Further to our discussions about Titanic and the video of Capt Smith making his last checks here is a photo from within the Titanic.

The Radio Room.

Radio room aboard the Titanic

Wow, I guess this is where they telegraphed messages?  I'm trying to make out all of that equipment.  Such a detailed picture, says a lot without words, including the crew member at his desk.

• 233 posts
    January 30, 2024 1:13 PM PST
    Geffers G said:

Here is another real image from within the Titanic.

Guessing from appearance the ladies at tea must be First Class.

They do look first class.  They are well dressed and never knew what was coming in their last hours.  Poignant.