Downloading Data saved with Google

• 133 posts
    January 2, 2024 10:39 PM PST

Recently I posted a video about managing space offered by Google as part of their free 15GB limit

The following video covers same subject but also, towards end of 18 minute video, explains how to download ANY data Google hold on your behalf.

https://youtu.be/o5Q9VtZcxUc?si=SSFoFwXqwkGWLMGL

Geffers.

• 233 posts
    March 1, 2024 7:48 PM PST

That's always been my biggest question on how much Google really has.  Thank you for the video and looking forward to watching it over the weekend.

• 133 posts
    March 2, 2024 1:29 AM PST

Quite a clever video actually.

I tend to keep mine to around 10GB of the 15 allowed.

Any interesting videos can actually be uploaded to YouTube (need not be public, there is a private setting), then deleted from phone and Google Photos so saving space.  Photos don't take up much space, videos eat it up.

Geffers

• 233 posts
    March 2, 2024 7:29 AM PST

I didn't know that about YouTube that you can upload videos and "make private".  I haven't spent time on YouTube for personal use as much as just viewing videos for entertainment. Good to know!

• 133 posts
    March 3, 2024 12:10 AM PST
    Web Diva said:

I didn't know that about YouTube that you can upload videos and "make private".  I haven't spent time on YouTube for personal use as much as just viewing videos for entertainment. Good to know!

I use this facility with my girlfriend in California.  Due to 8 hour time difference I am having breakfast when she is asleep so I do a 10 minute video whilst I am having breakfast, just small talk about what I am eating, weather, plans for the day, updates about previous day etc.

I then upload to YouTube using an unlisted option,  there are three options giving various degrees of privacy, PUBLIC which is all the videos you see on Youtube, UNLISTED which means anyone with a link can view it but videos not searchable or visible, PRIVATE which is for personal use and viewable by friends.

I use UNLISTED as the receiver does not have to be logged in to youtube to view.

Once she has viewed it I delete from YouTube.

Geffers

• 233 posts
    March 3, 2024 8:51 AM PST

I know I'm supposed to be focused on your directions and how you use YouTube, but I can't just do that without saying how nice of you to make morning videos for your girlfriend.  Thanks for the directions on using the PRIVATE, PUBLIC and UNLISTED options and the "not logged in" part of the directions for viewing.   Now I'll be looking for those features next time I'm on YouTube.  It's great learning about all of these tools to make our lives easier.