Aircraft Tracking - Not just Linux

• 187 posts
    December 3, 2023 6:26 AM PST

Earlier I posted an article about Aircraft Tracking in the groups section Linux, the alternative Operating System but on reflection it can be run on Windows or Mac so perhaps it may have been more suitable here.

Here is a link to the thread if aircraft tracking is something you find intriguing. 

https://techsrealm.com/group/7/linux-the-alternative-operating-system

Geffers

• 284 posts
    December 3, 2023 7:50 AM PST

Perfect, I've made your thread sticky, and this thread/link is great to direct members to your Linux group.  I still have your flight tracking map open.  It's cool!

• 187 posts
    December 3, 2023 8:33 AM PST
    Web Diva said:

Perfect, I've made your thread sticky, and this thread/link is great to direct members to your Linux group.  I still have your flight tracking map open.  It's cool!

There is a way to have an actual photo of the aircraft if it is selected,  it is something I need to do my end but haven't figured it out.  However, if you click on an aircraft its colour changes to yellow then in the right hand pane click on 'jetphotos.com' a photo of the actual aircraft appears.

Geffers

• 284 posts
    December 3, 2023 8:39 AM PST
    Geffers G said:
    Web Diva said:

There is a way to have an actual photo of the aircraft if it is selected,  it is something I need to do my end but haven't figured it out.  However, if you click on an aircraft its colour changes to yellow then in the right hand pane click on 'jetphotos.com' a photo of the actual aircraft appears.

Geffers

Oh, I need to go try that now to see the photo of the aircraft, kewl! 😊

• 284 posts
    December 3, 2023 8:45 AM PST

K, I found it at the lower part of the top pane.  Adding a screen shot where to click on jetphoto's.  Also nice website to view aircraft.