Google's Free 15GB storage - Running short?

• 133 posts
    December 2, 2023 6:40 AM PST

Many people avail themselves of Google's free 15GB of storage, I think even iphone can use the storage provided of course one has a google account.

Despite 15GB being a big amount many users find themselves close to the limit then find backups don't work, neither do photos get backed up.

This well presented 10 minute video shows some clever tricks for overcoming this shortage.

https://youtu.be/P61Su8sa_2c?si=C9Wq3koFOs7cxh56

Geffers

• 233 posts
    December 2, 2023 10:23 AM PST

Aww...storage, the bane of my organizational challenges with photos and really old stuff from old computers. 

Watching your video.  He's speaking my language already about subscriptions for life and how to avoid it.

• 233 posts
    December 3, 2023 1:23 PM PST

Just finished watching your video by Neil Mossey.  He's great, and so easy to follow.  I like the different options to reduce your storage size too, without deleting.  Who knew your emails could be an issue?  I'll be coming back to this video for storage management.  He had great tips, thank you!

• 133 posts
    December 3, 2023 1:28 PM PST
    Web Diva said:

Just finished watching your video by Neil Mossey.  He's great, and so easy to follow.  I like the different options to reduce your storage size too, without deleting.  Who knew your emails could be an issue?  I'll be coming back to this video for storage management.  He had great tips, thank you!

Never seen any of his videos before, not sure what his normal content is, shall check it out, it was just the title that appealed to me.

Just checked, lot of videos, seems a lot addressing YouTube tips, may follow him.

Geffers

This post was edited by Geffers G at December 3, 2023 1:34 PM PST
    • 233 posts
    December 4, 2023 9:36 AM PST

Neil Mossey is entertaining and I like the attic ambience in the background he's using for his video. πŸ€“

• 133 posts
    December 4, 2023 10:39 AM PST
    Web Diva said:

Neil Mossey is entertaining and I like the attic ambience in the background he's using for his video. πŸ€“

Yes, odd how something like that can have an appeal, guess bit like baking bread or coffee in a home.

Geffers

• 233 posts
    December 4, 2023 1:10 PM PST
    Geffers G said:
    Web Diva said:

Yes, odd how something like that can have an appeal, guess bit like baking bread or coffee in a home.

Geffers

For sure, mood and setting is important in business, as are colors too.  At least for me, I can relate better to a video that has a good background, is well put together with visuals, good timing and overall a good presentation full of information in the least amount of time. 

I find people that are too wordy or verbose and don't get to the point, lose my interest quickly.  Same with good journalism or op-ed's, I like for the writer to get to the point and not use a bunch of filler words.  I do, however, appreciate a good novel that is so detailed beyond your imagination as James Michener is known for, such as the book Centennial.  That kind of detail, to be immersed into the novel is a well worth experience. ☺️

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/133430.Centennial

• 133 posts
    December 4, 2023 1:40 PM PST

Wow, that is $14.00 on a kindle.  I've never been a great reader but Kindle has made me read a few, particularly on 11 hour flights to CA.

My late wife was a real bookworm, always got her nose in a book, me on the other hand, enjoyed magazines, bikes, cars, computers, photography, running etc but books I found challenging.  Odd those I have stayed with thoroughly enjoyed.

Geffers

• 233 posts
    December 4, 2023 4:37 PM PST

My turn, like wow, 11 hour flight to Cali.😱 Glad to hear how much you can enjoy your Kindle on that long flight.

Finding books you like isn't always easy.  I've enjoyed Tom Clancey books, many mysteries, lots of historical novels (fiction and non-fiction), as well as present day modern books.  For me, it depends on the author's style, the genre, then what journey I will be taken on in the book.  I often like sequels too. 

You have fun hobbies and I can see why you do.  Your hobbies are very intellectual and tactile. 

My deepest condolences to the loss of your wife. 

• 133 posts
    December 5, 2023 1:58 AM PST
    Web Diva said:

Thank you, it was 12 years ago, we had been married 42 years.  Time heals but of course one never forgets.

Geffers

• 233 posts
    December 5, 2023 7:48 AM PST
    Geffers G said:
    Web Diva said:

Thank you, it was 12 years ago, we had been married 42 years.  Time heals but of course one never forgets.

Geffers

Those life memories are always close to your heart forever. 🌹