The Quest to Quantify Quantumness

• 284 posts
    October 24, 2023 5:49 PM PDT

For the super techies out there that really get the quantum stuff.

What makes a quantum computer more powerful than a classical computer? It’s a surprisingly subtle question that physicists are still grappling with, decades into the quantum age.

https://www.quantamagazine.org/the-quest-to-quantify-quantumness-20231019/?utm_source=pocket-newtab-en-us

This is a short history of quantum science by decades with names of the amazing scientist working on their quantum craft.

• 34 posts
    October 25, 2023 8:38 AM PDT

Wow, now that was interesting reading but I definitely know I'm not a "super techie", almost all of that went over my head! 

When they talk about "Entanglement-free quantum circuit", "Clifford gates" and "T gates", I'm used to the usual "And, Not, Nor, Nand" and so on gates used in circuits. 

• 284 posts
    October 25, 2023 10:28 AM PDT

I'm not a super techie either, but I'm a word smith and love the vocabulary that's used by each trade.  It's like each trade has their own set of words that are clearly to define intricate small gadgets or processes to large and far reaching calculations or mechanical systems that work because each small part engages in like a symphony for it to work.

I'm glad you found it interesting.  I thought you might because of your talented skills and experiences with circuits.