Complacency with Online Security

• 216 posts
    October 2, 2023 11:05 AM PDT

Complacency is our greatest danger when dealing with online security.  With so many credit card and bank details being stored online we are all targets, not just the wealthy.

Eye opening video (13 minutes duration).

https://odysee.com/@NaomiBrockwell:4/Youre-a-target:a

Geffers

• 305 posts
    October 3, 2023 2:32 PM PDT
    Geffers G said:

Complacency is our greatest danger when dealing with online security. With so many credit card and bank details being stored online we are all targets, not just the wealthy.

Eye opening video (13 minutes duration).

https://odysee.com/@NaomiBrockwell:4/Youre-a-target:a

Geffers

Oy vay, for sure! I can't tell you how many times I've had issues with online security with credit cards. Not only are keeping credit cards from being hacked an issue, but so is banking. You have to really lock all of that up with multiple security measures with the bank to protect your accounts. You are so right, it's not just the wealthy, as everyone is at risk and I'd go further to say the credit card and banking theft has upped several levels since the pandemic in my humble opinion.

I'll watch your video and comment afterward. Thank you for sharing.

• 216 posts
    October 3, 2023 5:47 PM PDT

Must admit any finance pages I chick the padlock and check the certificate, might be paranoia but some clones sites are very realistic so checking the CA certificate doesn't take too long.

Geffers

• 305 posts
    October 3, 2023 5:52 PM PDT
    Geffers G said: Must admit any finance pages I chick the padlock and check the certificate, might be paranoia but some clones sites are very realistic so checking the CA certificate doesn't take too long. Geffers Very smart to include your caution on finance pages and institutions! I only post on websites that have SSL's too. I at least know the server is authentic and a few other features are verified.
    • 305 posts
    October 4, 2023 3:03 PM PDT

Screen shot from Naomi's discussion on scams.  Looking at the recipient address on email is soooo important before you reply to an email with info.  I get some emails from Federal Express, but obviously not FedEx, and they said I have a package etc. and wanted information from me to confirm the package.  Nah-huh...I look at the return email address first.  Hackers are very savy to make their emails look real to the unaware.  Data brokers are scary.

Good video and reminder that we are always targets, no matter our financial status.  Also appreciated the reminder to not use services that collect all of your data like Google, Facebook etc. and to use your best judgement so you aren't falling into a honeypot.

Thank you, Geffers!