Your Moderating Style

• 294 posts
    May 30, 2023 3:25 PM PDT

Those that admin, moderate and own a website(s) have varied styles in content moderation.  Each one of us are going to respond, and react to a questionable post a bit differently.  What most of us will moderate about the same, would be on hate, trolling, bullying and antisemitism.  Of course, it depends on the type of website you run, the content and the rules you have set up on how you would handle a post that required moderation.

For me, I'm an unbiased moderator.  Someone may say they don't like something, I may disagree, but that doesn't mean their post needs to be moderated unless it fell in some of the above categories and there may be a few more categories to consider that may cause a post to be moderated in this context?

How do you moderate?  What tough experiences have you had that you will never forget?  Do you have a few people on your team that you would discuss the issue before making a decision?

• 294 posts
    May 31, 2023 7:45 AM PDT

Obviously, on my question of moderating, I wanted to clarify to not share specific member experiences as member confidentiality is important, however, your moderation styles and example scenarios are welcome for discussion.