Testing member edit issues.

• 3 posts
    May 4, 2023 7:45 PM PDT

Testing for member permissions.

• 3 posts
    May 4, 2023 7:47 PM PDT

TR Staff test member set to Tech Guru Member level.

My findings which have been reported to SE:

When I set to allow members to be able to "edit" their posts, the "edit" permission shows up.  When you click on "edit" you get an error message as the edit is not allowed.

• 3 posts
    May 4, 2023 7:53 PM PDT

Upon further testing, I went to other member posts and the "edit" and "delete" option is only available to the member only when permissions are set in the forum plugin for editing.

• 3 posts
    May 4, 2023 8:58 PM PDT

TR Staff test member set to Tech Guru Member level.

Now I've addressed the issue of allowing members to be able to edit their posts.  The only way they can edit their posts without the error message, is to also allow members to edit topics.  When you add that permission, now members can make sticky, close, rename, move edit and delete the topics and posts.

The correct way for this to work is for members to have the necessary permissions to "edit" but allow moderator staff to delete, make sticky, and close.  However, on a virtual trading website I was on years ago, the "close" was enabled, because members had virtual trading shops, so they could close and open them like as if their store was open or closed.

Everyone at TR is used to having these permissions at their own websites, however members generally don't have some of them. I'll leave these permissions as is until there's a furthor solution.