Erecting a tent in the rain

• 187 posts
    July 8, 2024 2:34 PM PDT

Appreciate many videos on the web are set up and edited but must admit I found this one intriguing.  Shows a lone female erecting a tent in the rain, then furnishing it and finally cooking.  TikTok video so may not play correctly on a mobile, unless you have tiktok installed.  Sound by default tends to be off on TikTok but on this one the main sound is the rain.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGeGHJNuX/

Geffers

This post was edited by Geffers G at July 8, 2024 2:36 PM PDT
    • 284 posts
    July 8, 2024 2:53 PM PDT

OMG, that's amazing...and I'd call that "glamping".  What a posh way to camp.  Love the tent, her dog and the whole stile of her camping experience.  She really brought in technology for the best comfort.  I noticed she even added the exhaust pipe for cooking safety inside the tent.  Cool!

This post was edited by Web Diva at July 8, 2024 3:14 PM PDT
    • 187 posts
    July 12, 2024 2:15 AM PDT

I like the inflatable method or erection.  I've never actually camped, slept outside once of the deck of a ship but never actually had a camping experience.

• 284 posts
    July 12, 2024 9:11 AM PDT

Inflatable tents does seem much easier than erecting and balancing those poles to frame in a tent.  I've camped a number of times in my childhood, either with the Girl Scouts, or through Church trips with my family.  It's easier when you're younger to "rough it".  Sleeping on a deck ship would be peaceful.