The weather is changing

• 187 posts
    June 7, 2024 12:29 AM PDT

The climate is changing, it has done so for as long as life has been on Earth but the way we are coerced into thinking a certain way is quite devious.

Six days into June here in London and it has been chilly enough to consider putting heating on.  Yet our UK meteorological office says we had the warmest Spring since records began.  It is devious how they can manipulate us into believing things that are obviously not true. 

This 9 minute video highlights how organisations can influence our opinions by  presenting data in a different manner.  

https://youtu.be/4S7F6bqkTCE?si=r3VLVOE16jXyN2W_

Geffers

• 284 posts
    June 8, 2024 10:54 AM PDT
    Geffers G said:

The climate is changing, it has done so for as long as life has been on Earth but the way we are coerced into thinking a certain way is quite devious.

Six days into June here in London and it has been chilly enough to consider putting heating on.  Yet our UK meteorological office says we had the warmest Spring since records began.  It is devious how they can manipulate us into believing things that are obviously not true. 

This 9 minute video highlights how organisations can influence our opinions by  presenting data in a different manner.  

https://youtu.be/4S7F6bqkTCE?si=r3VLVOE16jXyN2W_

Geffers

I have your video open to watch today.  I've also noticed how high drama weather reports have become over the past several years too.  People are scared and taking cover all of the time now over ordinary storms because the weather reports are covering such a large area and people don't usually go look at the radar and local weather reports like some of us. If they did, they might not be so scared.

I do agree, the climate is changing and it's always changing.  The climate will be on a decade like weather pattern, and change to a different overall weather pattern.  The climate is fueled by so many different ingredients all over the world, such as the from the sun and moon and including the sea surface temperatures in the oceans that interact with temperature changes.  Sometimes we have really severe spring seasons, like the one the states in the plains has just experienced, while other spring seasons are rather light.  We've had many ice ages too in the years of 1650, 1770, and the last in 1850.  Case and point, the climate is always evolving.

Interesting that London is so cool right now.  I hope your summer season will be pleasant.  I've listened to forecast reports like you highlighted in your post, that claim our season was one way rather than another and I'm thinking on what planet have you (the weather people) been on because that's not how my winter or spring season went down.

Looking forward to your video.  I'm a weather junkie at heart. 

• 187 posts
    June 8, 2024 3:06 PM PDT

Do you ever watch Tony Heller's videos?

• 284 posts
    June 8, 2024 5:19 PM PDT

I haven't, but just looked him up on Youtube.  Looks very interesting, thank you!