Is this really the Future?

• 133 posts
    April 29, 2024 11:21 PM PDT

Not sure who this speaker is or the function he was speaking at but it looks quite official.

This five (5) minute video gives, perhaps, a glimpse into the future of technology, frightening or fascination, depends.

https://youtu.be/3tLaIU4OYPI

Geffers

• 233 posts
    May 1, 2024 2:17 PM PDT

Just watched this video.  I've seen this scientist before, just forgot his name 🤭, but he's always very interesting. 

So promises of Brainnet and Biotech sound promising.  The Brainnet is kind of scary to blink and make something happen, or to walk in a room and be able to save your emotions at that moment and to share with people.  I just don't want anyone to hack into my brain, so I guess that's the scary part.  How is tech setting guard rails to protecting what belongs to us, our bodies and minds?

The use of contacts during shopping to scan prices and to have pricing power, okay.  That's kind of wow.  A lot easier than going from one website to another, that is if the contacts have "all" of the options, or would it be only the vendor's signed up on that "app" that are included in the price comparison?  Yeah, I see the hole's in these possibilities, as you've suggested above, possibly "frightening"?

I also found interesting the comment about digitizing the middle class makes the middle class the losers, but the company that digitizes has the ability to become the next Amazon.  I'm still working on that concept, but okay, pretty profound.

Thanks, Geffers, as always, fascinating again!