Trade heros that make everything work.

• 228 posts
    April 11, 2024 3:03 PM PDT

Thankfully, there are more discussions encouraging people to go into the trades.  I've been reading a lot of recent articles supporting the need and rather the outcry for people to gravitate to a trade.  I've also been posting my own discussions here on TR.

I thought the trades deserved their own category for discussion, so here it is.

If you are in a trade and would like to join us and share your world, you're most welcome.  People should hear more of what you all do on a daily bases that make you our hero's.

This post was edited by Web Diva at April 11, 2024 3:23 PM PDT
    • 228 posts
    April 12, 2024 4:12 PM PDT

Here's a link from Tech's Technology News Group on millennials not wanting to go into the trades.  It would appear that the GenZer's have a different trend?

There is a huge shortage in the US of people going into a trade or they have been in a trade for a very long time and of retirement age. A person in the trades is the most honorable type of work and is so needed. There are too many shortages and misconceptions of the trades, such as HVAC, Electricians, Plumber's, Construction, various Technical trades, Auto Mechanics and more. If you have a trade, you will never-ever be out of work. You will always thrive and your hourly wage or salary will always be secure along with many benefits in most circumstances. I'd like to see more people getting back in to the trades. Without you, nothing works, nothing gets fixed, when stuff breaks, some people try to fix what's broken but often take unnecessary risks because they don't have the safety foundation.

Here's an article suggesting some of the challenges of getting people back in to the trades.

https://techsrealm.com/group/topic/view/3/52/millennials-still-don-t-want-the-trades-here-s-why-amp-what-need